Hijack >> SECURITY TIPS
Do not get you vehicle Hijacked!!! The following can guide you.
- Always inspect the area outside your vehicle while approaching and check the inside before unlocking the vehicle.
- Be aware of anything out of the ordinary.
- Vary your routes to work, home, gym, shop, etc. as much as possible. Remember that hijackers are professionals too, and that they usually plan their attacks.
- Ensure that your mirrors are adjusted to provide you with optimal all round view of your immediate surroundings.
- Attempt to stop at least five meters behind the vehicle in front of you at an intersection with a stop sign or traffic light. This provides you with a better opportunity to escape in a crisis.
- If a stranger approaches your car while you are inside, drive off if possible and/or use your hooter to attract attention.
- Always be on the lookout for suspicious looking vehicles and people. Do not hesitate to report them to the Police.
- Always be prepared and alert for potential danger and assess your possible escape routes and safe places while driving.
- Never open your door or window for any stranger.
- Always drive with your windows partially or completely rolled up depending on A/C status of your car and doors locked.
- Avoid driving through high crime or unfamiliar areas.
- Avoid driving late at night or early in the morning when possible.
- When returning home after dark, ensure that you stop in a well-lit area or have someone meet you outside, and ensure that you were not followed.
- When exiting your vehicle, be cautious and aware of surrounding obstructions, particularly shrubbery that may be concealing a possible attacker.